Survivor 35 - Hand-operated desalinator
The most widely-used emergency salt water desalinator. Produces up to 4.5 litres of fresh drinking water per hour. Produces enough fresh water for multiple person liferafts. Widely used by US and international military forces, US Coast Guard, life rafts, voyagers, sea kayakers, and other adventurers.
Right from the start, Katadyn products have had to prove themselves under the most extreme conditions. And prove themselves they have; they are now found in many life raft and personal survival kits as standard equipment, and more and more cruising yachts are discovering the independence that a water maker provides. Using reverse osmosis, they supply water free of virtually all salt (average salt removal is 98.4 percent) and contaminants -- including most bacteria, giardia, and even viruses. Each unit is tested before it leaves the factory, and is constructed of corrosion-resistant materials.
• Compact dimensions > find space for it anywhere
• Provides 4.5 litres of water per hour > ensures survival in an emergency
• High energy efficiency > pumping does not require much effort
• Can be operated manually > not dependent on electricity
• Durable design > extremely reliable and long life
• Weighs only 3.2 kg > ideal wherever minimum weight is an issue
• Hand-operated desalinator for up to 20 people.
• Optimum pump frequency: 30 pumps per minute.
• Approved by the U.S. Coast Guard and used by militaries worldwide.
• Prescribed equipment for “Around-Alone“ sailing regatta.
Katadyn Survivor units have been saving lives and offering peace of mind for years. When you need it the most, your Katadyn Survivor will be there. Katadyn offers two models of Survivor desalinators to provide emergency water when the unthinkable happens: The Survivor-06 is designed for one to two person use in liferafts or a ditch bag. The Survivor-35 is capable of providing emergency water for up to 6 people in a multi-person liferaft. Both Katadyn Survivor models are trusted gear used by the US Navy, US Coast Guard, US Air Force, and many sailors around the globe. They are essential equipment for any offshore cruising vessel.
• Dimensions (cm) 14.0 x 55.9 x 8.9
• Dimensions (in) 5.5 x 22 x 3.5
• Output (gal) 1.2 gal/h (± 15%)
• Output (L) 4.5 l/h (± 15%)
• Salt rejection (average) 98.4% (min. 95.3%)
• Technology Reverse Osmosis
• Weight (grams) 3.20 kg Weight (oz) 7.00 lbs
Katadyn of Switzerland has been producing high quality portable water systems since 1928. Their history has been one of innovation and durability. Katadyn products are used by militaries, health organizations and outdoor adventurers world-wide. No other water system provides higher quality or longer lasting performance. Katadyn is the global leader in portable water treatment. With subsidiaries in the United States, Germany, France, and Singapore; Katadyn develops, produces and distributes high quality products which are used whenever safe drinking water isn't available--for travel, camping and humanitarian operations.